Cleansing Shampoo Bar
Our best-selling Shampoo Bar, Protein-free
Size: 3.8oz / 108g = SIX traditional 8oz bottles of shampoo
Our Cleansing Shampoo Bar is a very mild clarifier that won't strip your hair. It will act like a magnet to attract grime and build-up, removing it from your scalp and strands. It is a great bar for most hair types, as it is effective against dandruff, bacteria, and fungal infections.
Our bars are specially formulated with gentle surfactants, clays, and botanicals to bring you your best wash-day, yet. No sulfates or soaps here.
This cleansing shampoo bar, in particular, has Bentonite Clay and French Green Clay which trap and remove buildup, dandruff, and dirt. It has shikakai an Ayurvedic herb that cleanses and strengthens the hair. It also has date fruit extract instead of protein for strengthening properties. This makes it a great option for anyone with protein sensitivities. It has cocoa butter and coco caprylate, a naturally-derived silicone replacement, to leave your hair soft and manageable. It has anti-static and anti-frizz properties, as well.
This bar is suitable for daily use, as well as part of a clarifying routine. It produces a rich lather that spreads far. It is pH-balanced and color-safe.
We recommend pairing it with the Creamy Conditioner Bar if you are protein-sensitve.
You can purchase a shower tray here.
You can purchase travel tins here.
We use organic essential oils and clean fragrance oils to scent our bars. All of our fragrance oils are paraben-free, phthalate-free, preservative-free, and formaldehyde-free.
The essential oils are listed in case of allergies.
We offer a wide variety of options so you can find something you love! Some scents contain only essential oils, and some are a blend of essential and fragrance oils. These are listed below. We also have an unscented option.
Blends with only essential oils:
- Signature: A clean, simple, neat + tidy blend. It smells like... shampoo? It's a balanced blend that is refreshing and timeless. (Essential Oils inside: Geranium, Eucalyptus, Orange, Lemon, Lemongrass)
- Desert Rain: *Bestseller* There are few scents as pleasing as fresh rain over the Mojave Desert. This blend is reminiscent of creosote, sage, and wet sandstone. It smells balanced and refreshing. It is earthy, cleansing , and grounding. (Essential oils inside: Cedarwood, Sage, Rosemary, Lemon, Lavender, Eucalyptus)
- Flow State: This is an invigorating, uplifting, and exhilarating blend of oils. It smells spicy and mildly sweet. (Essential oils inside: Lemongrass, Bergamot, Grapefruit, Frankincense, Myrrh)
- Scalp Blend: A blend curated specifically for scalp issues such as inflammation, dandruff, fungal, and/or bacterial infections. It smells clean, and slightly herbal. You will likely notice notes of tea tree. (Essential oils inside: Tea Tree, Rosemary, Lavender, Bergamot, Lemongrass).
Blends with clean fragrance oils AND essential oils:
- Vanilla + Vetiver: *Bestseller* Think warm vanilla sugar. This is a customer-favorite that smells warm and sultry. It is a blend of vanillas with smoky and grounding vetiver. Sweet, and slightly musky. (Essential Oils inside: Vetiver, Bergamot, Patchoulli, Peru Baslam)
- Rose, Bergamot, Vanilla: This is a 'younger' twist on the traditional heavier rose scent. This blend is light and divine that smells slightly floral and sweet. It is a timeless and beautiful scent. (Essential Oils inside: Lemon, Bergamot).
- Lavender, Frankincense, Vanilla: This is a calming blend that has depth. It is grounding and relaxing. It smells slightly spicy, slightly sweet, a little floral, and absolutely divine. (Essential Oils inside: Lavender, Frankincense, Bergamot, Patchoulli, Peru Baslam)
- Eucalyptus + Mint: A BBW-type blend. It smells clean, sharp, refreshing, and slightly herbal. (Essential Oils inside: Eucalyptus, Peppermint)
- Pink Grapefruit + Sweet Pea: This is for those who love a strong, flirty scent. It is sweet, bright, and bubbly. (Essential Oils inside: Pink Grapefruit)
- Coconut, Lime + Pineapple: An all-time favorite blend of coconut, lime, pineapple, and vanilla. From tropical coasts, to local lakeshores, and California beaches, this is the scent of sun-kissed skin and summertime bliss. (Essential Oils inside: Lime)
How Long Will It Last?
**One 3.8oz shampoo bar is equivalent to SIX, 8oz traditional bottles of shampoo.
How long your bar lasts depends upon:
- How well you store it. Keep in a dry, cool area. Preferably out of the sun.
- Placing on an elevated dish or plate with drainage will ensure longest use. You can purchase one of ours here.
- How much you use per wash.
- How often you wash
This makes shampoo bars extremely budget-friendly as well as environmentally friendly.
By buying a shampoo bar, you are buying 100% the active ingredient as opposed to bottled shampoo, which is typically 80-90% water. You are also helping cut back on the 552+ million bottles that get thrown into the trash, annually, from traditional shampoo and conditioner.
The cleansing shampoo bar is a great option for low-to-medium-porosity hair.
- Normal-to-Oily Scalp
- Low-Porosity Hair
- Medium-Porosity Hair
For fine-to-normal hair: Simply rub bar onto scalp in a circular motion. A few circles should do the trick as a little goes a long way. Use lather to wash scalp and rest of hair. Make sure to gently scrub scalp with fingertips or a scalp brush to exfoliate. Rinse, and follow with conditioner bar or deep conditioning treatment.
For very coarse and thick hair: separate hair into sections and rub bar onto scalp. Apply to one section at a time, ensuring to gently scrub scalp with fingertips or a scalp brush to exfoliate. Rinse, and follow with conditioner bar or deep conditioning treatment.
Not for internal use. Avoid getting in eyes. Flush immediately if you get into your eye.
For longest use, store in the driest area of shower/bath. Do not let the bar sit in water. Place on an elevated dish or plate with drainage. You can purchase one of ours here.
Consciously Curly Co Bars are:
✔️ 100% soap-free - read more about this here.
✔️ Mica + Titanium Dioxide-free
✔️ Artificial Color-free
✔️ Vegan. Plant-based; Cruelty-free; Never tested on animals.
✔️ Zero waste
✔️ Made in small Batches
✔️ Sulfate Free
✔️ Silicone Free
✔️ Ethanol-free (drying alcohols)
These come in a recyclable sachet.
To recycle: simply place this packaging in paper recycling. The label is made from 100% recycled content and is fully recyclable.
Signature Scent: Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate (*Coconut), Cocamidropropyl Betaine (*Coconut), BTMS (*Rapeseed Oil), Coco Caprylate (*Coconut), Cocoa Butter, Betaine (*Beets), Provitamin B-5, Bentonite Clay, French Green Clay, Date Fruit Extract, Shikakai, Cassia Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (*Cassia Plant), Alkyl Esters (*Coconut), Fragrance Oil (Phthalate-free, Paraben-Free, Formaldehyde-free), Geranium Essential Oil, Eucalyptus Essential Oil, Lemongrass Essential Oil, Leuicidal SF Complete (paraben-free and formaldehyde-free natural preservative), Citric Acid (*Citrus). (*Naturally Derived Source)
Unscented: Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate (*Coconut), Cocamidropropyl Betaine (*Coconut), BTMS (*Rapeseed Oil), Coco Caprylate (*Coconut), Cocoa Butter, Betaine (*Beets), Provitamin B-5, Bentonite Clay, French Green Clay, Date Fruit Extract, Shikakai, Cassia Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride (*Cassia Plant), Alkyl Esters (*Coconut), Leuicidal SF Complete (paraben-free and formaldehyde-free natural preservative), Citric Acid (*Citrus). (*Naturally Derived Source)
This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease If you have any irritations in response to using these products, stop immediately, and see a medical professional to determine if you have a sensitivity or allergy.